How to find a good quality preschool in
New York City
Having trouble deciding what school to send your
preschool child to?
Your personal values are the most important factor in selecting a preschool. Everything you see at different schools will be filtered by whether or not it is personally important to you and works for your child’s personality and learning style.
There are three main areas in which to focus your research:
- People: The quality of a school rises and falls with the competency of the teachers and director. What is their experience, how do they interact with the children and parents, what is the atmosphere like when you walk into the classroom. Is the Director organized, and can they motivate their staff.
- The Program: Are there different learning centers, is there space for the children to move, abundant well organized books, accessible and appropriate learning materials? Do the teachers have a purposeful plan and can they explain it to you? Is there a protocol for communication? Does the school have a Mission Statement that they follow and an educational philosophy you believe in?
- The Place: Can the goals of the program be met by the confines of the space? Is there space for physical activities, are sinks near bathrooms, is there a quiet area? Is it safe? How is the location, the fees, and what are their hours of operation?
If you find this article informative and helpful, share it (see email share button below)
6 articles that will help you make the best decision for your
- Literacy Milestones: Birth to Age 3
- Choosing Childcare
- Pre-K Across the Country
- Social Development in Preschoolers
- Effectiveness of Early Educational Intervention
- What’s So Bad About a Boy Who Wants to Wear a Dress?
Macaroni Kids helps parents keep their kids busy.
Macaroni Kid and its family of Publisher Moms are dedicated to delivering the scoop on all the family-friendly events and activities happening in their communities each week. Check out Macaroni Kid’s list of communities and sign up to receive your free weekly newsletter.
It all started with two old friends sharing a good meal and a great bottle of wine. From that conversation, Macaroni Kid was born and we started publishing a weekly newsletter giving moms and dads the scoop on all the weekly events in their community. From there it’s grown to hundreds of other communities across the Country.
We hope you like the articles and that you come back and visit this site again. We well be updating the articles on a regular basis. You should also sign up below for free email updates.