Philosophy of the Red Balloon
We believe that children learn best when they have caring adults to guide, respect, and provide challenges for them as individuals and as important members of a group.
We also recognize that children are unique and learn at different rates and in different styles. We provide an emerging curriculum that is play based, exploratory & child centered. Our teachers give each child the love, attention, and nurturing they need while creating & facilitating a challenging developmentally appropriate curriculum. Though a child may be 1 out of 16 in the room, they each feel special.
The School focuses on nurturing emotional, social, physical, cognitive, and language skills in the children. We aim to develop their
- Problem-solving skills
- Respect for others and a sense of caring.
- Pro-social skills (taking turns, using words, cooperative play, discipline,
- and self direction)
- Basic life skills that foster independence resulting in positive self-esteem
- Risk taking skills, trying new activities, accepting mistakes as another learning tool, trying new challenges.
- Listening skills and language development.
- Pre-math skills and pre-reading readiness
We encourage parent involvement in school activities and believe that parental support in early childhood education has long-lasting positive effects on children’s academic performance, self-esteem, emotional development, and general well-being.